I created this blog to keep tabs on by build and to share with the automotive community. Enjoy.

MODIFICATIONS

Blacktop 20v with T3 water kit and tweak'd cop harness
100mm and 50mm Sam-Q stacks with Pipercross filter
Poly Bushings
Techna-fit brake lines
Countless OEM wear parts
Fortune Auto Coilovers 8/6kg
T3 NRCA's
T3 "tall" short shifter
Cusco transmission mount
JDM kouki corner lights (fender)
No-name Strut Bar
Spin turn knob
Slotted Rotors with OEM or Hawk pads
TRD 4.778 Final Drive with T3 rebuilt kouki LSD
Various wheels. Current:
Hoshino Impul 14x8.5 -20
Rays Volk Mesh 14x8 -0?
Custom under diff exhaust
NST brake master cylinder stopper
NST steering lock spacer on aw11 rebuilt rack w/ t3 adapter
Sparco steering wheels with Boss hub and T3 billet extender
TRD shift knob
Momo Corse fixed back bucket seat
Tint 20%
Solex "twin cam series" locks
Fiberblass +25mm Fenders


PLEASE COMMENT OR EMAIL ME FEEDBACK:

pizotchi86@gmail.com

Search Marcus' Ae86 Blog

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Begun the 20v Swap Has

Today I officially tore out my harness to send out to Tweak'd Performance. They are making a brand new harness for the 20v blacktop, but they needed my old harness to source a few pieces.


It's kind of ironic that I was planning to start the swap today and my car died today. Well, it didn't die, but I left the headlights on for an hour and the battery voltage was down at 10v; effectively wouldn't turn the old starter. The last two days cold starts were getting rough and I believe my motor knew it was time to go. If any motor ever proved to be as reliable as this one has, I would be surprised.

On a lighter note, I'm so glad I never have to see this harness under my hood ever again! Goodbye!


Perhaps one of the greatest feelings when doing a project is obtaining all the parts. Kind of like when you're a kid and just got some new lego's. For now i just have this small box of things collected along with the motor. Including OEM(Toyota) front and rear brake pads, OEM motor mounts, OEM pilot bearing, OEM exhaust gasket, and some cheap serpintine belt. 

On the way in the mail I have a coil/ignitor, 1993 mr2 turbo O2 sensor by OBX, stainless steel fuel hose and Earl's banjo fittings with the pressure gauge set up from Summit Racing, and 1ZZFE coil packs to run a waste spark setup. Ignition and fuel line will look like this:

This photo was borrowed from morgan of club4ag.org in his 20v build that I have been referring to religiously

The only thing left I have to source is a water conversion kit, and an electric fan set up. Other than that all I have to do is send this harness in tomorrow and prep everything for the swap. Stay tuned for lots of updates as I meticulously swap my car over the next couple weeks.


*

No comments:

Post a Comment