I created this blog to keep tabs on by build and to share with the automotive community. Enjoy.

MODIFICATIONS

Blacktop 20v with T3 water kit and tweak'd cop harness
100mm and 50mm Sam-Q stacks with Pipercross filter
Poly Bushings
Techna-fit brake lines
Countless OEM wear parts
Fortune Auto Coilovers 8/6kg
T3 NRCA's
T3 "tall" short shifter
Cusco transmission mount
JDM kouki corner lights (fender)
No-name Strut Bar
Spin turn knob
Slotted Rotors with OEM or Hawk pads
TRD 4.778 Final Drive with T3 rebuilt kouki LSD
Various wheels. Current:
Hoshino Impul 14x8.5 -20
Rays Volk Mesh 14x8 -0?
Custom under diff exhaust
NST brake master cylinder stopper
NST steering lock spacer on aw11 rebuilt rack w/ t3 adapter
Sparco steering wheels with Boss hub and T3 billet extender
TRD shift knob
Momo Corse fixed back bucket seat
Tint 20%
Solex "twin cam series" locks
Fiberblass +25mm Fenders


PLEASE COMMENT OR EMAIL ME FEEDBACK:

pizotchi86@gmail.com

Search Marcus' Ae86 Blog

Monday, March 21, 2016

Getting Ready For The Season

Over the last few months I have been collecting parts. First thing that needed my attention was the transmission as I bent a shift fork back in December and haven't really driven the car since. With thoughts of preventative maintenance I have decided to upgrade my transmission to a w58 from a Supra. To do this requires some custom pieces I am still obtaining. Once the swap is complete I will do a thorough write up; for now here is a short list of the required pieces:

W58 from a Supra
4age Bell-housing
Sam-Q 4age to w58 swap kit
A 200mm or 212mm custom clutch for w58 splines (4age clutch disc and w58 splines)
Ae86 pressure plate
A custom cross member to suit the w58
A custom driveshaft or possible connecting of w58 front half shaft to ae86 rear half shaft


In addition to upgrading the transmission I have purchased a body kit. I have an incredibly refined taste in everything ae86 and especially visual parts such as body kits i have my preferences. I have decided to go with a goodline (muscle bear) style front bumper, and run free side skirts and rear bumper; all fiberglass replicas as buying authentic would be a waste of money once the body kit gets damaged drifting at the track. I am making custom bash bars and brackets to hold the bumpers and a small write up will come for that too once the kit is mounted.

The last thing I have to do is weld the exhaust back on as it broke off at the last event as well. And I'll pick up some good tires for the front to last through next season. Stay tuned and thanks for reading. Here's a nice picture of me running tandem with another coupe someone snapped at the last drift event.




*

No comments:

Post a Comment